During Blogging 101 I was nominated for two awards, one of which was twice. These were the Liebster and Versatile Blogger awards. Firstly, I’d like to thank the Quantum Hermit, Sculpture Steph and Tiny Expats for the honour of their nominations (links below).
I didn’t inltially respond to any of these due to the rule requiring, in total, the nomination of 37 other bloggers. Not really something I wanted to do. Neither have I figured out how to display the award.
The rules for each award are below, so if you feel like being a nominee, and citing me as your nominator, let me know! I’ve also included my responses to each of the tasks set.
The Liebster Awards
1. Display the Liebster award on your blog.
2. Thank and link back to your nominator.
3. Answer the nominator’s 11 questions.
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers with about 200 or fewer followers and link to them.
5. Draft 11 new questions for your nominees.
6. Notify your nominees via their blogs or social media.
From Quantum Hermit :
1. What song defines who you are, and would you share a youtube link for it?
Across the Universe by the Beatles
2. Which of your owns posts is your favorite, and why?
Raven It was the hardest thing I’ve attempted to do on my blog, following one of the Writing 201 challenges.
3. What is your most favorite quote from a movie? What is the movie?
“If God exists, I hope he has a good excuse.” From Woody Allen’s ‘Love and Death’.
I also like: “... if it turns out that there IS a God, I don’t think that he’s evil. I think that the worst you can say about him is that basically he’s an underachiever.” From the same film
4. If you could time travel, where would you go, and why?
I would go to a time prior to the formation of any governed state.
I feel I have been deprived of my inalienable right to live in a state of nature and not to be contracted to any government.
5. What is one moment you can remember which changed your life?
Owning the label of ‘freak’.
6. Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?
7. What is your favorite genre of fiction?
8. Who or what encouraged you to become a writer?
I’m a writer?
An Irish Independent journalist I met a very long time ago. He read some teenage angst stuff I had put into a journal and said, ‘I wish I’d written it’. I do think his motives were less than honourable, but I felt proud at the time.
9. What book have you read more than once?
Quite a few, but Alice in Wonderland more than more than once!
10. What other art form are you most interested in?
11. What prompt for blogging would you like to offer to Blogging U?
Jigsaw – it was a metaphor I had used in the piece the Irish Independent writer liked.
From Sculpture Steph
1) What is your process of writing a post?
Rather random, haphazard and frenetic. I am unreachable when writing.
2) Which time zone are you in?
GMT officially, unofficially 8.611 light years away on Sirius
3) What do you like best in blogging?
Comments becoming nested discussions.
4) What other media are you on (facebook, tumblr, instagram)?
5) What is your favorite meal?
At the moment it is the one I’ve found at MedOne which is Muttabel followed by Chicken Shwarma with a simple glass of sparkling water with ice and lemon.
6) Savory or desert? Which course would you miss in favor of the other?
I’ve been to the desert and it wasn’t very nice, quite dry and gritty in taste really. I’ll stick with the savoury dish.
7) Which one is the post you are proudest of ?
9) Are you impulsive or ‘professional’ in your approach to blogging?
Care to give some feedback?
10) What kind of blog would you love to discover?
One that presents political issues in a Shakespearian style.
11) Do you spell color/ colour with ‘o’ only or with ‘ou’?
I’ve been very good in resisting my need to correct your spelling of favour and savoury.
And the Versatile Blogger’s award:
Show the award on your blog.
Thank the person who nominated you.
Share seven facts about yourself.
Nominate 15 blogs.
Link your nominees’ blogs, and let them know.
1. I used to practice Shukokai karate at black belt level, this achievement started during my 30s. I may have had anger issues.
2. I used to work in a tomb, I believe the effect is life-long.
3. I have an allergic reaction to housework
4. I want to organise a Viking style orgy
5. I choreographed a dance about mushrooms and performed it with a small troupe in a church, thankfully its meaning was ambiguous enough not to be excommunicated
6. I am going to write an academic tome related to psychology, but the question is not to be revealed until publication. This could be a long time, as I might have to finish the fantasy book about a quirky demon queen before I get to chapter 4 of the tome – and then there will be that photographic book to consider after my first successful exhibition and oh that subversive animation for children to distribute before the critics catch on to its semiotics and of course, I’ll have created a 3 acre forest garden with all manner of public awareness raising features incorporated into it.
7. I am a libra water tiger, this means I find it difficult not to just disappear into the woods for long periods of time without telling anyone I was going anywhere. Fortunately, they don’t hold it against me too much.